Tuesday 17 April 2012

A new post.... :)

Wooa, almost five months since the last post. I can only but apologise. But doesn't time fly when you're having fun?

Or maybe I just didn't feel the need to post anything in the winter months. Christmas and New Years were pretty damn good, Lunar New Year was ok (still thinking of the hike from Parkview though... how romantic... not! However, def the best view of Hong Kong without a doubt), and friends visiting from the UK was the bestest thing ever! I distinctly remember the weather being average to crap for most of January and February. I know I went to the cinema a lot. And I wrote reports for school. See, not massively exciting, but exciting enough for little old me!

So I've been back from the UK after a short trip home for over a month now. Honestly feels like it was a dream, even though it wasn't that long ago. Just what I needed. Love for everyone back home.

Been pretty busy since coming back. Started two extra tuitions (sorry, one playgroup and one ACTUAL teaching... I like being paid to be a class clown for two hours a week) and have been drinking and eating a plenty. What an amazing group of friends I have over here! Though I have it on safe ground that too much drink from 'Top Deck' leads to people going to the top of tall buildings with no railings. Fact. It's dangerous. Must remind myself not to do that again, like the whole 'McDonalds' thing after a big night out. It's just bad news...

Something else that is dangerous is rain. Yeah, makes things slippy, but dangerous? You must be mistaken Tracy! No. It means when I walk, not only do I worry about slow walkers staring at their phones, there are also lots of umbrellas to contend with. So someone on their phone, WITH an umbrella? Bad combo. A very bad combo is to give a three year old child an adult size umbrella. She walked straight into a bin and fell over. I did want to laugh though.

The heat is on in Hong Kong, so rain and heat together gets you some pretty damn amazing lightning displays. I will take the humidity and crazy heat for one good thunderstorm a week please, just to get me through summer.

Yeah, that's it for the mo. Maybe I won't leave it as long to write the next one.

Until next time, take care of yourselves... and each other :)

No comments:

Post a Comment