Monday 22 August 2011

New setting...!

I’m in Hong Kong now! Wooh!

After my mammoth flight over, I was dropped off by the principal of the school to my temp flat. I was expecting dodgy; I got rather nice (I.e. it has air con and a decent shower)! The lady I am with is another new teacher too and we are sticking together like glue.

So I started work yesterday, watching classes, going through the books, talking to other teachers. And I start teaching tomorrow… good on one hand so I get into a routine, bad because I want to watch more of the teachers. Meh, what can I do?

The weather is hot, hot, HOT! I thought this might be a problem, but so far, so good! But lets face it, with only four days in, what can I really say? It might slowly but surely drive me mad!

Highlights so far have been the guide tour around HK island by the principal, visiting Temple Street Market and discovering I can still drink peppermint tea here after all! J

Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment